Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quiet Sunday morning

It's a lovely cool Sunday morning here in Oahu. Some birds are going to town but so far no neighbors are out with weed wackers or lawn mowers. It's been cool all week, the closest we've had to wintry weather. A little sunshine would be nice, but it's looking pretty cloudy out there this morning.

The doctor did take me off the brace on Monday and I'm doing a little more each day. Trying to focus on not limping, since now it's as more of a habit than a necessity. I had some very long days at work but tried to do my home PT every night anyway.

Yesterday I went to a baby shower in Kaneohe. It's such a gorgeous drive over to that part of the island! If the mountains had a little snow on top, it could be Switzerland. After that, I went to a nearby mall. It was the first such outing for me since the surgery and it felt great to be out and about.

I went to the mall because I had a Macy's "thank-you" card with about $48 on it. I got a Macy's credit card last fall and somehow apparently signed up for this cash back program. I wasn't sure if it expired or not so wanted to use it. I couldn't find any clothes that appealed to me, so I went up to housewares. We needed a new meat thermometer, so I got that, and then poked around in the small appliances.

I thought about a blender, but decided I'd rather research them first. Besides, the ones they had were all huge. I ended up with a Cuisinart sandwich maker, and am looking forward to a grilled cheese or tuna melt today for lunch. It was $39.99. Today, I decided for some reason to poke around on Cuisinart's web page. Same sandwich maker is listed at $24.95. !!! Just goes to show once again how expensive it is to live here, and the premium prices we pay for everything. But that gorgeous drive to Kaneohe--well, maybe it's worth it...

But after a 58-hr work week this week and a long (but very enjoyable) day yesterday, I may really just stick close to home today. I'm planning to take this coming Friday off no matter what.

No comments: