Friday, March 6, 2009

Target report!

Yes, with all the natural beauty and beaches here, I spent my day off going to Target...

But in my defense, we have had remarkably English-like weather here for about two weeks. It has been mostly overcast, windy and wet. And for here, it's been cool. 60's is cool! Our part of the island has dropped into the high 50's at times overnight. When you don't have any heat, that makes for a chilly evening, though great sleeping weather. We seem to be having a late winter here, and after the floods of Dec/Jan and all this cool, wet, windy stuff, I am ready for some sun.

And of course, I'm not quite ready for the great outdoors. The physical therapist had some very encouraging things to say about my progress, but I still can't get into the ocean for awhile. Getting into and out of the surf can be tough on a recovering knee joint.

So what else could I do but go to Target?? Both stores had a "soft" opening on Wednesday, but it was all over the news, so I figured today (Friday) would be crowded as well. But it wasn't too bad. I got to the Kapolei store just before 9am and there was plenty of parking and shopping carts. At first, I just walked up and down the aisles, seeing what they had. I was surprised at how much food they had. Finally I got a cart and bought some food that our nearby Safeway doesn't seem to carry, bought some vitamins, a skillet, and a pool toy! I got an adult sized floaty thing to lie in, hoping for the return of our sun.

But I'm taking back the skillet. Says "NEVER" use the dishwasher in all caps. If it can't go in the dishwasher, I don't want it. I just didn't read the fine print before I purchased. So dang, sometime soon, I'll have to go back!

No comments: